Sweet & Sour Apple Brats
- 4 c
- saurkraut,rinsed and drained well
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- apple juice
- 1 medium
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 large
- apple-cored and cubed-peeled if you wish
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper-to taste,i usually add only pepper
How to Make Sweet & Sour Apple Brats
- 1In large sauce pan,simmer sauerkraut,applesauce and juice for 20 minutes,
- 2In deep skillet,heat butter over medium heat,add onion and saute,stirring often until very soft about 10 minutes, add brown sugar and cook another 5 minutes till onions are carmelized.
- 3Add apples and cook another 5 minutes
- 4Add to sauerkraut with cinnamon and salt an pepper if using. Keep warm.
- 5Grill brats outside over med-hot fire or indoors on stove top grill,5-7 mins,or until done.
- 6Great served with boiled parsley potatoes and dark rye bread. Don't forget the spicy mustard.