Sweet & Sour Apple Brats
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 csaurkraut,rinsed and drained well
1/2 capple juice
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1 largeapple-cored and cubed-peeled if you wish
·salt and pepper-to taste,i usually add only pepper
How to Make Sweet & Sour Apple Brats
- In large sauce pan,simmer sauerkraut,applesauce and juice for 20 minutes,
- In deep skillet,heat butter over medium heat,add onion and saute,stirring often until very soft about 10 minutes, add brown sugar and cook another 5 minutes till onions are carmelized.
- Add apples and cook another 5 minutes
- Add to sauerkraut with cinnamon and salt an pepper if using. Keep warm.
- Grill brats outside over med-hot fire or indoors on stove top grill,5-7 mins,or until done.
- Great served with boiled parsley potatoes and dark rye bread. Don't forget the spicy mustard.