Summer Pesto Pizza
This is more of an aggregate recipe, combining a classic pesto (I love pesto and Eve Anderson's Classic Pesto on this site is one of many good ones), a pizza crust and an assortment of toppings. As with any good pizza, customize to your tastes, adding red onion, jalapenos, roasted red pepper and other toppings to suit your local fare or your current craving.
1/4 cbasil pesto sauce (see eve anderson's classic pesto or another favorite from this site)
1pizza crust prepared per the directions
1-1/4 ccrumbled feta cheese
2 mediumsliced roma tomatoes
4sliced pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cchopped artichoke hearts
1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumroasted red bell pepper (char in oven or on stove top and place in bag to sweat off skin, cut into strips)
1 tspcoarse sea salt (to taste)
1 tspcoarse ground black pepper (to taste)
How to Make Summer Pesto Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread pesto over the crust as evenly as possible (the crust should be in the stage of preparation where it is ready for toppings). You may see gaps in the pesto where you see the crust; that's fine.
- Top with kalamata olives, chopped artichokes, roasted peppers and any other selected toppings excluding the tomatoes (red onions are a great addition!).
- Cover with feta cheese.
- Top with Roma tomato slices evenly space.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are roasted and crust begins to turn golden brown at edges.