Stuffed Potatoes Cubano
6 mediumrusset potatoes (baking potatoes)
1/2 tspsalt or to taste
1 clovegarlic, grated (or equivalent garlic powder)
1 cbreadcrumbs (to roll)
1-2 cprepared picadillo
How to Make Stuffed Potatoes Cubano
- Peel, cube and boil potatoes until easily pierced with fork. Drain and mash them. Add salt, garlic and milk.
- When mixture is cool, take handfuls and form into half of a ball with an indentation in the center. Fill indentation with picadillo. Top with another potato ball and seal edges together with your fingers.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with water. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate or shallow dish. Dip balls into egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Cover potato balls and chill for a few hours or even overnight.
- When ready to cook, bring to room temperature while heating oil in large skillet. Oil should be deep enough to come half-way up the potato balls.
- When oil is hot, add potato balls. Cook each side about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.