Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with a surprise
- large portabella caps, cleaned
- 1 lb
- bob evan's premikum cuts of pork, ground
- 1 can(s)
- (11 oz) of green giant southwestern corn
- 1 pkg
- old el paso low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- spicy brown mustard
- wasabi paste, optional this is the surprise!
- 1 c
- kraft triple cheese (has philly cream cheese in it)
How to Make Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with a surprise
- 1Take a paper-towel,gently wipe the dirt off the mushrooms. Don't wash them in water as they will absorb the moisture and get soggy. Take a spoon and scoop out the remaining stem and the membrane until nice and clean. The membrane is dark brown and is under the cap. Set aside.
- 2Brown you ground pork until done, mix in the taco seasoning and cumin, add just a touch of water not much just enough to help you mix the seasoning into the meat, then add the can of southwestern corn, and cook until the veggies are warm about 5 minutes or so, add a heaping 1/2 cup of cheese and stir until melted and mixed into the meat and veggie mixture well.
- 3Now turn each cap upside down so you can start to fill them. Place a dollop of the spicy brown mustard in the center of each cap, take your spoon and spread evenly around the underside of the mushroom, next sprinkle about a 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese, now take your wasabi paste and just put a little dot of it in the center of the mushroom (maybe about 1/4 of a teaspoon but you can use more or less, and fill each cap with your meat and veggie mixture. Top with remaining cheese. You can use more or less of the cheese.