★★★★★ 1 vote5
- fresh mozzarell ball
- 2 large
- bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium
- 1 clove
- roma tomatoes (or use 1 1/2 cans petite diced tomatoes)
- 16 oz
- italian sausage
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked rice ( i use brown rice)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Explosion
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Chop peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes (if using whole tomatoes.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute sausage (remove from casings and cook loose) until mostly cooked through; about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, rice and half the cheese.
- 5Place mixture in a 9X9 baking dish. Add diced mozzarella to top of ingredients. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 6Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 15 minutes more.