★★★★★ 2 votes5
- whole mirlitons
- 1 c
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- egg, beaten
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- minced garlic
- 8 oz
- shrimp, crabmeat, crawfish tails, or ground meat
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onions
How to Make Stuffed Mirlitons Louisiana Style
- 1Boil mirlitons in water unti tender. Cut each in half and remove seeds. Scoop out pulp and leave a shell about 1/8 inch thick. Save pulp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Saute onions and garlic in butter. Add shrimp (or other meat if not using shrimp). Cook until shrimp are pink. Add saved pulp and breadcrumbs. Cook a few more minutes. Stir well.
- 3Cool and then add egg and green onions.
- 4Stuff mirlitons with mixture and bake for about 30 minutes.