Stuffed Hot Dogs
How to Make Stuffed Hot Dogs
- 1There is no amounts listed, as it depends on how many you make. You can easy make one hot dog or a whole pack.
- 2Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray pan, suitable for the oven.
- 3Take the number of hot dogs you wish to fix. Using a knife, cut from one end of the hot dog to the other, BEING CAREFUL NOT to cut completely through. Place the on the prepared pan.
- 4Take the left over potatoes, or instant if that's what you use, and spoon into the "opened" hot dog, to the top~~and little more if you like.
- 5Top each "stuffed" hot dog with 1/2 slice American cheese.
- 7Note: The hot dogs can be pre-boiled or even cooked for maybe 30 seconds(+/-) in the microwave prior to cutting. You can also warm the potatoes in the microwave prior to using, also. This will speed up the oven cooking time and will ensure all is equally cooked and the cheese not over cooked.
These can also be "cooked" in the microwave or toaster oven, with pretty good results. In fact, I will often put some in the microwave. If you use the microwave for the final cooking, you can leave out the "pre-cook" and "pre-warm" steps suggested. Enjoy...