- 2 large
- 2-3 clove
- bay leaves
- 2 qt
- chicken stock
- 4 c
- bread crumbs, fresh
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 c
- parsley, italian chopped
- 1 clove
- minced garlic
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1/2 lb
- sweet italian sausage meat only,browned.(optional)
How to Make Stuffed Artichokes
- 1Trim and clean the artichokes using a pair of scissors to remove the points of the leaves. Cut the stem so the choke stands flush.
Place the chokes in a pot that they will fit snugly in,cover with the stock,add the bay leaf,2-3 cloves garlic.
Bring to a boil,cover and lower to a simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Remove and let cool completely.
- 2Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
Using a large mixing bowl combine the bread crumbs with the rest of the ingredients,mix well.
Make a well in the bottom of the bowl of breadcrumbs,then starting from the bottom up,fill in between all of the leaves until you get to the top,moisten your hands with a little oil and press the crumb mixture firm around the chokes.
- 3Place the chokes in a baking dish small enough so they can't fall over. They need to be kind of snug in the dish.Ladle some of the stock used earlier around the chokes,bake covered for 40-45 minutes.
Remove and let rest a few minutes,uncover and carefully plate them in a shallow serving bowl with some of the stock,enjoy with a side of vegetable or a nice salad or soup prior to the meal. enjoy!:)
- 4Note: photos will follow soon!:)