Staerzelen (Buckwheat dumplings from Luxembourg)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
500 gbuckwheat flour
1 Tbspcoarse salt, heaped
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Staerzelen (Buckwheat dumplings from Luxembourg)
- Cut bacon into stripes and fry until crisp. Add butter, set aside
- Bring water to a boil, add salt. Stirring, slowly add the buckwheat flour, continue stirring so that no lumps can form, until you get a homogenous batter. If the mixture gets to stiff, you can stir with the hand mixer for some seconds. Immediately pull the por from the heat.
- Dip a spoon into the pan with the bacon, then cut off tablespoon-sized dumplings from the dough and place in a warmed bowl.
- Heat milk and cream and pour over the dumplings, distribute the bacon ocer the dumplings and season with pepper to taste
- Serve with applesauce
- Leftover dunplings can be cut up into slices and then fried in a pan