Squash Sausage Stuffing Casserole
- cup water, for squash
- tsp salt
- 6 cups
- sliced yellow squash, (1/4 inch thick)
- small onion halved and sliced
- can cream of mushroom, or chicken soup, or chicken broth
- cup sour cream, your choice
- 3 oz. pkg softened cream cheese, optional,
- 1 pkg
- seasoned cornbread stuffing mix.
- 4 oz
- can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb.
- favorite seasoned sausage, cooked and crumbled
- seasoning of your choice
How to Make Squash Sausage Stuffing Casserole
- 1In large saucepan, bring water to boil. Add squash and onion. Reduce heat, cover and cook till squash is crisp tender. Drain well. Set aside.
- 2Cook sausage over medium-high heat, till meat is done and no pink is showing. Drain well and set aside.
- 3If using cream cheese, combine in small bowl with sour cream, blending well. If not using cream cheese, only add sour cream.
- 4In large bowl combine soup, Mixture of sour cream/cream cheese, green chilies, crumbled sausage, stuffing and seasoning packet, drained squash, choice of seasonings, 2 well beaten eggs. If desired, sprinkle with crushed peppers to taste.
- 5Mix all extremely well and pour into greased, appropriate size baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or till cheese is melted and little crispy around edges, or till heated through.
- 6Wow!! I found this was very hard pulling ingredients and amounts and mixing directions out of ones head.If does not make sense, give me a comment and will do very best to help.