Spinach Mushroom Pasta
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozwhole-wheat pasta
2 Tbspolive oil
1minced garlic clove
1 lbsliced mushrooms
6 ozcream cheese
2 qtlightly packed spinach
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese (on the side)
How to Make Spinach Mushroom Pasta
- In a large pot, boil 8 oz. whole-wheat pasta and cook according to package directions. When cooked transfer to a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is cooking heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan, add one minced garlic clove and one lb. of sliced mushroom and cook until softened, about five minutes.
- Add 6 oz. of cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk and cook, stirring often, until boiling.
- Stir in two qts. lightly packed spinach and cook until wilted, takes about 3 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper and pour over pasta.
- Season with parmesan cheese (which is served on the side)