★★★★★ 1 vote5
- ground meat
- diced onions
- diced bellpepper & and any other veggie you like
- cajun seasoning and any other seasoning you like
- thinly sliced potatoes
How to Make Smoothered Potatoes
- 1cook up the meat and veggies let cool. Reason for letting cool is for the rice cooker. If you have it hot it kinda works like a coffee pot. It doesn't.
- 2Ok once cooled you slice your potatoes real thin. Then put a layer of potatoes and then a layer of the meat mixer and just keep going til you fill your rice cooker up. Then you press that button and let it cook. When it is done all the potatoes should be soft and thats it serve.
- 3I like sour cream on mine. You can actually do this in your crock pot too, just do it before leaving for the day. I do add a little water when I do it in my crock pot. or broth, just a few teaspoons on the bottom. I serve with a salad. Sorry for the spelling and grammar. Hope you enjoy the recipe though. Oh you can cook up the meat mixer (left over from taco night,etc. etc.) freeze it. You can also paraboil your potatoes and then just layer that all up in your crock pot frozen, don't worry about adding liquid, and away you go. If in rice cooker let defrost.