Smoked Sausage with Bacon and apple sauerkraut
To save time, I usually microwave the sliced potatoes for about 6 minutes, so they are partially cooked.
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cut into small pieces
- apples, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb
- sauerkraut with juice
- 3-4 large
- potatoes, sliced
- 2 lb
- smoked sausage
How to Make Smoked Sausage with Bacon and apple sauerkraut
- 1Cook bacon and apples until bacon is almost crispy and apples are very soft, about 20 minutes at med heat.
- 2Add sauerkraut and sauté about 20 minutes until kraut is heated through and has absorbed the liquid in the pan and is slightly brown and bacon and apples are incorporated.
- 3Cover the bottom of a large greased baking dish with potatoes, then sausages and then kraut. Bake at 350 for about an hour.