Smoked Pork Chops with Green Beans
3/4 lbgreen beans, cleaned and snapped
1 tspchicken bouillon granules (or any flavor)
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 conion, chopped
1/2 - 1 cwater
8 ozsmoked pork chop, meat cut off in cubes
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Smoked Pork Chops with Green Beans
- Put green beans and bouillon into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil. Add chopped onion and stir over medium-high heat until slightly translucent, but not browned. Sprinkle flour over onions and stir together to cover onion pieces with flour. Slowly pour in water while stirring. Keep stirring until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Add cubed smoked pork chop. Turn down heat a bit and continue to stir as mixture bubbles and thickens and meat warms.
- Drain beans and add to the onion/meat mixture. Add the vinegar. Stir together until evenly mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: if there's time, finish cooking beans before you need the water in step 2, then use the boullion-bean liquid instead of plain water.