SLOW COOKER VENISON POT ROAST
Rev BJ Friley
- 2-3 lb
- venison roast
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic powder
- whole onions, cut into quarters
- potatoes, skin left on, and cut into large cubes
- carrots, sliced
- 1 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp
- tarragon, dried
- 2-4 Tbsp
How to Make SLOW COOKER VENISON POT ROAST
- 1Rinse roast and soak in salt water and ice for 20 minutes. Repeat this step at least twice.
- 2Place roast in cooker.
- 3Add balsamic vinegar, garlic powder to taste, tarragon, and Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- 4Add the onions, potatoes, and carrots to the pot.
- 5Add water to cover.
- 6Cook on low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 7The meat should fall apart when done.
- 8Remove meat and vegetables from cooker, and place on a serving platter.
- 9Mix the cornstarch with cold water and add to the gravy in the pot.
- 10Bring this to a boil, allowing it to thicken.
- 11You may have to add the additional 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to obtain the proper consistency.
- 12Pour over meat and vegetables.