SLOW COOKER VENISON POT ROAST
Rev BJ Friley
2-3 lbvenison roast
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
2whole onions, cut into quarters
2-4potatoes, skin left on, and cut into large cubes
1 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
2 tsptarragon, dried
How to Make SLOW COOKER VENISON POT ROAST
- Rinse roast and soak in salt water and ice for 20 minutes. Repeat this step at least twice.
- Place roast in cooker.
- Add balsamic vinegar, garlic powder to taste, tarragon, and Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Add the onions, potatoes, and carrots to the pot.
- Add water to cover.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- The meat should fall apart when done.
- Remove meat and vegetables from cooker, and place on a serving platter.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water and add to the gravy in the pot.
- Bring this to a boil, allowing it to thicken.
- You may have to add the additional 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to obtain the proper consistency.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.