1 lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsptomato paste
2 mediumonions, chopped
1/4 cshallots, minced
1/2 cparsley, chopped
2 Tbspgreen onions, chopped
·seasonings to taste (salt, black pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce)
How to Make Shrimp Etouffee
- Simmer shrimp in the shortening for approximately six minutes. Add onions and cook until the onions are tender.
- Add flour (mixing well) and cook until brown. Add tomato paste and enough water to cover the shrimp. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add shallots and parsley, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions. Serve over cooked rice.