SHRIMP CREOLE BAKE
- 1 1/2 lb
- cooked shrimp (i have been known to use frozen shrimp if i don't have fresh)
- 1 c
- raw rice, cooked (measure before cooking)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1/2 c
- chopped bell pepper
- 1 can(s)
- (large) sliced mushroom with juice; save juice for sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove
- campbell's tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 lb
- new york state cheddar cheese, grated; save 1/3 cup for top of casserole
How to Make SHRIMP CREOLE BAKE
- 1Cook and clean shrimp (or use cooked, frozen); set aside.
Cook rice and set aside.
- 2in a medium to large sauté pan, sauté celery, onions and green pepper in butter until clear, but not brown.
- 3Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small bowl, mix the Worcestershire sauce, tomato soup, juice from the canned mushrooms, dash of Tabasco Sauce, if desired, and the Cheddar Cheese (reserving 1/3 cup for topping).
- 4Mix the shrimp, mushrooms and rice with the sautéed vegetables.
Add the cheesy sauce and mix well.
- 5Place in a large casserole dish (sometimes I bake it in 2 medium sized casserole dishes and freeze one for later.).
Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top.
- 6Bake in a preheated, 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes; until hot, bubbly, and cheese is melted.
- 7This is a complete meal, but if you would like, you can serve it with some coleslaw, pickles and and/or stuffed celery -and if you love bread, biscuits. garlic toast or rolls. When it's just me or a friend, I generally have some garlic toast and maybe a small salad or coleslaw.
- 8NOTE: If you decide to freeze part of it, save the cheese used for the topping and put it on just before baking. You probably will need to bake it another 10 or so minutes longer if it has been in the freezer.
- 9****I was going to wait and post this recipe after I made it again; probably at the end of the week so that I could put my own photo with it. I will come back and post my own photo (and maybe pictures with the directions) after I make it.