Shrimp Baked on a Tile with Onions and Cream
- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium
- ripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped and well drained
- 4 clove
- garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp
- coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- ground white pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red chile pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Shrimp Baked on a Tile with Onions and Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Devein and peel shrimp, rinse and pat dry.
- 2In a bowl, mix the olive oil with the onion, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and red chile pepper.
- 3Spread half of tomato mixture on bottom of baking dish (or tile if you have access to one). Arrange the shrimp on top with tails sticking up. Top with the rest of the tomato mixture.
- 4Drizzle the cream over, coating shrimp. Bake about 35-45 minutes until shrimp are pink and curled. Adjust cooking time if you use different sized shrimp.