- 1-1/2 lb
- chicken breast
- 2 pkg
- smoked sausage (13 ounce)
- 2 pkg
- 8 ounce of jambalaya mix (zatarains or another)
- 1 box
- chicken broth, unsalted (32 ounce)
- 1/2 c
- slice green onions for garnish
- 1 pkg
- birdseye frozen pepper stir fry (or other frozen peppers and onions)
How to Make Semi-homemade Jambalaya
- 1Cut the raw chicken into small chunks and cook in a small amount of oil in a frypan.Add to a large casserole with cut up, sliced smoked sausage. .Add package of frozen peppers.Place in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.Then add 2 packages of rice mix and unsalted chicken broth.Stir it around.
- 2Cook uncovered for another 25 minutes and check to see if rice is done. The frozen peppers add a bit of water but if you find it too dry you can always add about 1/4 cup of water and cook a few more minutes.Top with sliced green onions if desired.