Seasoned & Vinegar Fried Potatos
- 4 c
- peeled, red or yukon gold potatoes, sliced --amount is approximate
- 2/3rds bowl water & 1/3 bowl vinegar approximately
- mccormick's montreal steak seasoning to taste
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and sliced
IF YOU ENJOY THE ZIP OF SALT & VINEGAR POTATO CHIPS, OR ENJOY OTHER VEGGIES MARINATED IN A VINEGAR BASED MIXTURE, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS!
How to Make Seasoned & Vinegar Fried Potatos
- 1Peel & slice sturdy potatoes such as red skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes as you would normally for fried potatoes. Preferably 1/8" thick or thinner. The amount is really up to you. I did enough for 1/2 for a medium mixing bowl, and added in the sliced onion.
- 2Place potato and onion slices in a bowl, cover potatoes & onions about 2/3rds of the way with water and fill to cover the veggies with vinegar of your choice. I let my bowl soak about 2 hrs.
- 3Drain liquid from the bowl, add potatoes & onions to appropriately sized frying pan. Season potatoes & onions with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning taking care not to over season the veggies.
- 4Fry as you normally would your fried potatoes. I have cookware I do not need to add oil to, so used the well fitting lid and let potatoes cook and brown, stirring occasionally and adding a little water to keep the food from burning. These choices of potatoes keep a firm texture even after fully cooked.