1 pinchof ground mase
500 gground pork sausage meat
1bunch of parsley (chopped fine)
1 pinchof black pepper
150 gof plain flour
200 gof bread crumbs
How to Make Scotsh Eggs
- Place the sausage meat into a large bowl and add the softened leek mixture. Stir in the chopped parsley; add 1 of the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pack this mixture around each egg to form a generous coating of sausage meat.
- Season the flour and beat the remaining egg with a little water. Roll the eggs in the seasoned flour and then dip briefly into the egg.
- Roll the eggs in the breadcrumb until coated.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C. Deep-fry the eggs for 5 minutes and then transfer to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cut each egg in half and serve with fresh salad leaves, sliced baby beetroot, and a little French dressing.