Sausage and Pineapple Delight over Rice
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- of vegetable oil
- large onion, chopped in 3/4 inch chuncks
- green pepper, cut in 3/4 inch chuncks
- cup of celery, sliced
- (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 c
- of beef broth
- (14.5 oz.) can of pineapple chuncks
- 1/4 tsp
- of garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- of cornstarch
- cooked rice
How to Make Sausage and Pineapple Delight over Rice
- 1Heat oil in large skillet.
- 2Combine sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in the large skillet.
- 3Cook until veggies are tender crisp.
- 4Add tomatoes, broth and seasonings.
- 5Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Blend cornstarch with pineapple juice.
- 7Pour into meat and veggie mixture.
- 8Cook, stirring until thickened. About 2 minutes.
- 9Serve over rice.