- uncooked(mild)italian sausage links(about 1#)
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 c
- green sweet pepperstrips(1 medium)
- 1 c
- red sweet pepper strips(1 medium)
- 1 large
- onion..sliced and seperated into rings
- 1/4 c
- bottled italian salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon-style mustard
- french style rolls or hoagie buns,split**
How to Make Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
- 1In a large skillet cook sausage links over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown,turning frequently.Carefully add water.Bring to boiling;reduce heat.Simmer,covered,for 5 minutes.
Uncover and cook sausages,turning frequently until liquid evaporates and sausages are cooked through(160F)
Watch carefully so that sausages do not burn.
Drain sausages on paper towels.Wipe out skillet,if necessary.
- 2In the same skillet add the oil,green peppers,red sweet peppers and onion.
Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Return sausage links to skillet.
Combine the salad dressing and mustard.
Stir into mixture in skillet.
- 3To serve, hollow out bottoms of rolls or buns.
If desired,toast roll halves 4" from the heat of the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
Top with the sweet pepper mixture and roll tops.
(**If desired,do not split the rolls.Instead cut the unsplit rolls through the top and almost to the bottom. Add cooked sausages and vegetable mixture.)