It goes together quickly especially if you have frozen mashed potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes.
I hope you enjoy it. If you like kraut you will!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 c
- diced sweet onion
- 1 lb
- 4-6 c
- potatoes, mashed
- 8 Tbsp
- grated parmesean, divided
How to Make Sauerkraut Pie
- 1Drain sauerkraut and mix chopped onions or dehydrated onions if you prefer with kraut. Put in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- 2Slice sausage and place on top of kraut and onion.
- 3Prepare mashed potatoes. OR To save time, one could use the prepared frozen mashed potatoes made as directed. Add 2 Tablespoons grated parmesean cheese and mix well. Put on top of sausage. Sprinkle potatoes with 5 tbsp. parmesean.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes uncovered or until nice golden brown.
Serve with additional butter melted on top if desired. We did and it was to die for!