Sammi's Cucumber Boat
I was in the garden trying to help clean it out at the end of the summer two years ago and found some very large and fat cucumbers. At first I was going to toss them in the trash, but decided to keep them so that I could harvest the seeds for next year. I was trying to figure out a way how to use the cucumber once I removed the seeds and I checked my fridge and saw that I had avocados and left over shrimp and came up with this.
- 2 large
- cucumbers - cut lengthwise and seeded
- 2 large
- avocados - mashed
- 1 medium
- tomato - diced
- onion - diced
- 1/2 tsp
- red chili pepper
- garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 c
- shrimp, peeled and deveined - then cut in chuncks or dice for smaller shrimp
How to Make Sammi's Cucumber Boat
- 1Mix all of the above till blended and then put in the scooped out part of the cucumber. I usually pile mine high so that it can be eaten as a dinner entre’ and add a salad.
You can also fill each half the cucumber, but do not pile it high, place the halves together and slice in rounds and serve as an appetizer.
- 2Just a note: I use shrimp that has been boiled in Liquid Crab Boil – you can either dice or cut shrimp in 3 pieces – depends whether or not you like “chunks” of shrimp in the mixture.
I don't have a picture yet because I am still learning how to upload them. I will get one soon and sorry for not having one.