Roast Leg Of Lamb1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Roast Leg Of Lamb
- Trim lamb of fat.
- Cut slits about 1/2 inch deep all over lamb and insert slivers of garlic.
- Rub all over with olive oil.
- Combine salt, pepper, and herbs and rub herb mixture all over lamb.
- Allow to sit at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast lamb for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, then turn oven down to 350.
- Continue to roast until desired degree of doneness is reached, about an hour for medium rare.
- Baste with pan juices once or twice.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Potatoes, carrots and onions may be roasted in pan with lamb.
- Baste occasionally.