Roast Duckling In Wine1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Roast Duckling In Wine
- 1Wash duckling and dry.
- 2Sprinkle salt and nutmeg in the cavity.
- 3Close openings with wooden picks.
- 4Tie legs together.
- 5Tie wings to body.
- 6Wrap bits of foil over legs and wings to prevent over cooking.
- 7Cover with wax paper to prevent splattering.
- 8Place duckling with or without stuffing, breast side down in a baking dish.
- 9Cook at FULL POWER 6 minutes per pound or 24 minutes for a 4 pound duckling.
- 10After 12 minutes, turn bird breast side up and drain off accumulated fat.
- 11Continue cooking.
- 12Remove from microwave oven; remove foil pieces and wax paper.
- 13Drain fat.
- 14Blend wine jelly and cornstarch together.
- 15(You may need to add a bit of water.)
- 16Heat in a measuring cup in microwave oven 45 seconds or until thick and smooth.
- 17Add the grapes and heat at FULL POWER for 45 seconds more.
- 18Pour sauce over duck.
- 19Roast in conventional range for 30 minutes at 400 until skin is crispy brown and legs can be moved easily.
- 20Let stand 10 minutes.