Roast Duckling In Wine1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Roast Duckling In Wine
- Wash duckling and dry.
- Sprinkle salt and nutmeg in the cavity.
- Close openings with wooden picks.
- Tie legs together.
- Tie wings to body.
- Wrap bits of foil over legs and wings to prevent over cooking.
- Cover with wax paper to prevent splattering.
- Place duckling with or without stuffing, breast side down in a baking dish.
- Cook at FULL POWER 6 minutes per pound or 24 minutes for a 4 pound duckling.
- After 12 minutes, turn bird breast side up and drain off accumulated fat.
- Continue cooking.
- Remove from microwave oven; remove foil pieces and wax paper.
- Drain fat.
- Blend wine jelly and cornstarch together.
- (You may need to add a bit of water.)
- Heat in a measuring cup in microwave oven 45 seconds or until thick and smooth.
- Add the grapes and heat at FULL POWER for 45 seconds more.
- Pour sauce over duck.
- Roast in conventional range for 30 minutes at 400 until skin is crispy brown and legs can be moved easily.
- Let stand 10 minutes.