23. Drain bean, toss water IF you want "less music" later, otherwise save water. ( in theory reusing the water adds flavor, in practice it adds gaseous emissions!)
Add enough water to make 1 quart.
(I used 1 quart fresh water to reduce toxins)
Bring water to boil,(still using the pot on stove top) & add beans, simmer for 1/2 hour.
34. Mix all seasonings & anything else that sounds good.
Put in crock pot.
45. Drain Beans again, save liquid OR use fresh water IF you know what's good for you........lolol
56. Add Beans to crock pot & add enough water to cover by 1-inch.
7.Arrange bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces on top of beans, cover with lid.
68. Cook on HI until it comes to a boil, then turn to Low setting.
Leave on low for 6 hours, stirring about once per hour OR two.
79. Remove 1 cup beans, mash them, then stir back into pot.(optional)
810. Cover again & cook on low for 4-6 hours OR as long as you can stand it.
Continue to add water to keep beans just covered.
911. Beans should be soft(usually split) when done.
1012. Add weiners!!!!!!............. IF you insist!