1 lbwhite pea beans
4 Tbspheaping, brown sugar
2 Tbspmaple syrup(or more/you decide)
1 c"mater" sauce(tomato)
1 Tbspcider vinegar
1 Tbspbrown mustard or dry(i use dry mustard)
2 tsponion soup mix (i use real onion)
6 slice"raw" bacon
How to Make Ricks' Wretched Beans/Crockpot-Slowcooker
- 1. Pick & rinse Beans
2.Soak Beans overnight in water that covers well.
- 3. Drain bean, toss water IF you want "less music" later, otherwise save water. ( in theory reusing the water adds flavor, in practice it adds gaseous emissions!)
Add enough water to make 1 quart.
(I used 1 quart fresh water to reduce toxins)
Bring water to boil,(still using the pot on stove top) & add beans, simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 4. Mix all seasonings & anything else that sounds good.
Put in crock pot.
- 5. Drain Beans again, save liquid OR use fresh water IF you know what's good for you........lolol
- 6. Add Beans to crock pot & add enough water to cover by 1-inch.
7.Arrange bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces on top of beans, cover with lid.
- 8. Cook on HI until it comes to a boil, then turn to Low setting.
Leave on low for 6 hours, stirring about once per hour OR two.
- 9. Remove 1 cup beans, mash them, then stir back into pot.(optional)
- 10. Cover again & cook on low for 4-6 hours OR as long as you can stand it.
Continue to add water to keep beans just covered.
- 11. Beans should be soft(usually split) when done.
- 12. Add weiners!!!!!!............. IF you insist!
- 13. Let the party begin!