Quick Shrimp Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 ccooked shrimp
1/2medium to large ripe avocado
2 Tbspcocktail sauce * optional
3 Tbspchilli sauce * optional
1 - 2 Tbspdijon mustard * optional
1 - 2 Tbspchopped cilantro * optional
1/2 - 1 cfresh,clean & dry watercress or spring salad mix per person
·tobasco or favorite hot sauce
·slices of your favorite fresh bread * optional
·* salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cnon-fat sour cream for mayonnaise
1/4 cnon-fat plain yogurt blended with equal amount of mayonnaise
·your favorite crackers
How to Make Quick Shrimp Salad
- Clean and dry all fresh herbs and greens. Set them aside.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit. Scoop the avocado to loosen it from its skin. While in the skin, slice the avocado thinly across the width. Then cut diagonally in thin slices. Each piece should be smaller than bite size. Set aside for later.
- Rinse and drain the cooked shrimp. Set shrimp aside for later.
- In a glass mixing bowl blend mayonnaise,seasoning, herbs and dijon mustard, chilli sauce, cocktail sauce and/or hot sauce. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place shrimp on paper towel to and pat dry. When dry, add the shrimp to the sauce blend.
- Add avocado chunks to shrimp and sauce.
- Blend gently by turning with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Uncover and taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve as a salad, place clean dry greens on a plate. Place a scoop of the shrimp mix on top of the green. Place your favorite dressing on the side.
- To serve as an open-faced sandwich, place slices of bread on the a plate and add scoops of shrimp mix to the top of the bread or serve on the side. Suggestion:Serve with fresh fruit or salad greens on the side.