Quick & Economical green beans, ham, potatoes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- large ham steak, precooked
- 32 oz. cans of cut green beans (undrained)
- 2 can(s)
- whole potatoes, drained
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- pepper to taste
- cubes of chicken bouillion
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, optional
How to Make Quick & Economical green beans, ham, potatoes
- 1In skillet melt a tablespoon of butter and brown the hamsteak on both sides. Cut in cubes.
- 2In a large pot, put undrained cans of green beans, canned potatoes (drained), onion, and ham cubes. Add chicken bouillion cubes and pepper. Cover pot and simmer at least 30 minutes.
- 3Note: Don't add salt until you taste, since the bouillion cubes are salty. I also add a tablespoon of butter to the pot while it simmers. Let simmer as long as possible, so that the beans get more tender and consume the flavor of the ham.