QUICK AND SIMPLE CHILI
Rev BJ Friley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 - 2 lbground beef or ground venison
1 largeonion, chopped
1 can(s)(14 oz.) tomatoes, diced
1 can(s)(16 oz.) drained and rinsed beans (kidney or pinto)
1 can(s)(6 oz.) tomato paste
1 pkgchili seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make QUICK AND SIMPLE CHILI
- Brown ground meat and onion.
- Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, water and seasonings.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or longer for flavors to blend.
- Serve hot, topped with grated cheese and chives.
- TIP (starts here to below): Substitute taco seasoning for chili seasoning and go Mexican with taco or burritos.
- Using the pre-packaged seasoning mixes is easy; however, you can experiment with your own seasonings (chili powder, garlic, red pepper and/or cumin) instead of using a mix.
- That makes it easy to add only the flavors that you like and to adjust the "heat" accordingly.