Quick and Cheap Fried Rice
I usually use chopped deli ham. I get the deli to slice it about an inch thick and I use 2 slices. Or you can use one of the prechopped bags of ham found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- 6 c
- rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 can(s)
- treet or spam chopped or
- 1 c
- ham chopped
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- 2 large
- stalks of celery chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 c
- mixed vegetables, frozen
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning to taste
How to Make Quick and Cheap Fried Rice
- 1Cook mixed vegetables tender/crisp. I steam mine in the microwave. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or pot on medium high setting til butter is melted.
- 3Fry ham, onions, and celery til veggies are tender/crisp. About 5 minutes.
- 4Break chunks of rice apart. Add to skillet, stirring til rice is hot. About 2 minutes.
- 5Add mixed veggies and season to taste.Enjoy!