Quick and Cheap Fried Rice
I usually use chopped deli ham. I get the deli to slice it about an inch thick and I use 2 slices. Or you can use one of the prechopped bags of ham found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
6 crice, cooked, cooled
1 can(s)treet or spam chopped or
1 cham chopped
1 mediumonion chopped
2 largestalks of celery chopped
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 1/2 cmixed vegetables, frozen
·salt and pepper or creole seasoning to taste
How to Make Quick and Cheap Fried Rice
- Cook mixed vegetables tender/crisp. I steam mine in the microwave. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or pot on medium high setting til butter is melted.
- Fry ham, onions, and celery til veggies are tender/crisp. About 5 minutes.
- Break chunks of rice apart. Add to skillet, stirring til rice is hot. About 2 minutes.
- Add mixed veggies and season to taste.Enjoy!