★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 oz pkg
- chicken/apple sausage(or garlic chicken sausage
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- leek or onion finely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic chopped
- 15 oz
- canned pureed pumpkin
- 10 oz
- bag chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth or boullion
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 lb
- cooked pasta (bowties ,rollitini or shells0
How to Make PUMPKIN SAUCE & APPLE CHICKEN SAUSAGE PASTA TOSS
- 1Cook Pasta of your choice & reserve a little of the water if needed to thin sauce.
Cover & set aside... Heat oil in deep or Wok style pan,Add Sausage that has been cut into 1/2" slices & Brown
Add:Leek or onion & garlic & cook til slightly tender
Add: Broth,evap.milk,pumpkin,cinn,nutm.& S & P,bring up to boil then reduce heat & cook just to thicken ,then add spinach & simmer 5 more mins. Add sour cream & mix to blend.If sauce is to thick you can add a few Tablespoons of pasta water to it to loosen for your liking.
- 2Toss into Pasta of your choice.
I find Bow Ties,Rollitini or shells best, as it catches the sauce the best.
This recipe is so versitile as you can add more sausage or make more pasta according to the size of your family.
If your family is small you can freeze 1/2 the sauce for another time .