How to Make Potatoe Cakes
- 1Everything is eye balled but the egg so add as much of the other ingredients as you want.
- 2Start to get your grease hot. I used a 8in cast iron.
- 3Mix all ingredients together, potatoes, egg, green onion, bacon, chesse and add a little flour at a time to make the potatoe mixture starts to get thick/stiff.
- 4Put some flour on a plate. Flour your hands and put some of the potato mixture in your hands. I make them like hamburger size patties. Put the patty on the plate with the flour and flour both sides.
- 5Put patties in the hot grease and fry. Brown one side before flipping. Try to only flip one time, the patty might start to fall apart if you flip to much.
- 6After frying put patties on a plate with a paper towel to drain off any grease.