potato and tuna souffle
In the summer I serve this with tartar sauce and in the winter I make a Pepper gravy to go with this dish. Pepper gravy is simple to make ...it is just a light bechamel sauce with black pepper to taste.
- 6 can(s)
- tuna fish drained
- italian green papper
- red bell pepper
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoe sauce
- pitted and slice green olives
- 1/2 c
- seedless raisins
- 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter
- bread crumbs to coat pyrex souffle pan
How to Make potato and tuna souffle
- 1saute onion, green pepper and red pepper in a skillet with a dab of olive oil.
- 2when the above are transparent add tomatoe sauce and a teaspoon of sugar
- 3slice and add the green olives and the raisins,
- 4Drain and add the tuna fish. and salt to taste. and set aside.
- 5boil pealed potatoes until soft as for mashing.
- 6separate egg and beat the white with a mixer until fluffy. set aside.
- 7beaT potatoes with butter and egg yolk fold in egg white
- 8preheat oven at 250º now to assemble souffle: Coat pryrex dish with butter and bread crumbs, put half
of the potato mixure on the bottom and bring up the sides with a spoon.
- 9spoon tuna mixure into the center and then cover with the rest of the potato mixure. Place in the oven and bake until top is golden brown about an hour of 45 min depending on your oven.