Portuguese Chourico and Peppers
Another recipe using Portuguese sausage. The sausage can be found on line at Furtados.com or Gasparssausage.com.
- 2 lb
- portuguese chourico, casings removed and crumbled
- green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- sweet onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can(s)
- tomato paste, italian
- 1 c
- red wine
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- crushed garlic
How to Make Portuguese Chourico and Peppers
- 1In a slow cooker, combine the Chourico , green pepper, onion, tomato paste, wine, water, and crushed garlic. Stir so that everything is evenly distributed.
- 2Cover, and set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- 3Uncover the pot, and cook an additional 2 hours to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- 4Can be served over rice, on rolls.