- 16 oz
- uncooked noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 large
- portabella mushrooms, gills removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz
- button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3/4 c
- beef broth (i use a "no beef" beef broth )
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4-1 c
- sour cream (or more)
- fresh ground pepper
How to Make Portabella Stroganoff
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- 2While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion, stirring occasionally, until transluscent, about 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or so.
- 4Stir in broth and ketchup. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in about 3/4 cup sour cream, reduce heat and gently simmer about 5 minutes. - DO NOT BOIL.
- 6Add pepper (and more sour cream if not thick enough to suit your taste). Serve over noodles.