16 ozuncooked noodles
2 largeportabella mushrooms, gills removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
8 ozbutton mushrooms, quartered
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
3/4 cbeef broth (i use a "no beef" beef broth )
3/4-1 csour cream (or more)
·fresh ground pepper
How to Make Portabella Stroganoff
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion, stirring occasionally, until transluscent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in broth and ketchup. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in about 3/4 cup sour cream, reduce heat and gently simmer about 5 minutes. - DO NOT BOIL.
- Add pepper (and more sour cream if not thick enough to suit your taste). Serve over noodles.