Portabella Reuben Sandwich
Serve with dill pickle slices and some fries or chips.
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- 4 slice
- rye bread, lightly toasted
- 2 large
- portabella mushrooms, gills removed
- small amount of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slice
- swiss cheese
FOR THE SANDWICH
How to Make Portabella Reuben Sandwich
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2For the dressing: Combine, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Brush each mushroom with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place gill side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven 5 minutes, turn over and leave for 5 more minutes.
- 4To assemble sandwiches: Spread dressing on 2 slices of bread. Place mushroom, gill side up, on bread. Top with sauerkraut, then a slice of cheese.
- 5Place on a baking sheet and return to oven for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melty. (Go ahead and turn the oven off - there will be plenty of heat to melt the cheese)
- 6Spread dressing on remaining bread while waiting for the cheese to melt. When cheese is melted, take sandwich out of the oven, place remaining bread on top and serve.