Portabella Reuben Sandwich
Serve with dill pickle slices and some fries or chips.
1 Tbspsweet pickle relish
FOR THE SANDWICH
4 slicerye bread, lightly toasted
2 largeportabella mushrooms, gills removed
·small amount of olive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
2 sliceswiss cheese
How to Make Portabella Reuben Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For the dressing: Combine, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush each mushroom with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place gill side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven 5 minutes, turn over and leave for 5 more minutes.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spread dressing on 2 slices of bread. Place mushroom, gill side up, on bread. Top with sauerkraut, then a slice of cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and return to oven for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melty. (Go ahead and turn the oven off - there will be plenty of heat to melt the cheese)
- Spread dressing on remaining bread while waiting for the cheese to melt. When cheese is melted, take sandwich out of the oven, place remaining bread on top and serve.