★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 Slicesper person of deli sliced chicken brest sliced medium
4 Slicesper person of deli sliced ham (i use smoked)
4 Slicesper person of deli sliced swiss cheese
2 citalian bread crumbs
4 cwater, cold
How to Make Poor Mans Cordon Blu
- For each half serving placed 2 slices of chicken over lapping each other on work space, making sure the ends overlap only about 1/4 of the whole slice.
- On top of each chicken place 2 slices of ham, making sure they overlap just like chicken.
- On top of chicken/ham place 2 pieces of cheese, again overlapping.
- Carefully roll up the chicken/ham/cheese starting at one end. Will look short and fat. Use a toothpick to hold together.
- Dip in the water and then roll in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Place in a 13x9 inch bake pan (you can spray with cooking spray to allow easier exit of rolls) and after all are rolled up bake for 30 to 35 min or until golden and the cheese melts out the sides a little. Serve 2 rolls per person as main dish.
- Note: you can substitute deli turkey breast for the chicken if you desire. Its good both ways.