Pizza on a Stick
- 8 oz
- italian sausage links
- 2 c
- whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 c
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium
- onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large
- green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 30 slice
- pepperoni (2 ounces)
- 1 can(s)
- (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 1/2 c
- (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- pizza sauce, warmed
How to Make Pizza on a Stick
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut sausage into 20 pieces. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, vegetables and pepperoni.
Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut widthwise into 1-in.-wide
- 2Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut widthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. Starting at the pointed end of a prepared skewer, pierce skewer through one end of dough strip and press dough against last ingredients on the skewer. Spiral-wrap dough strip around skewer, allowing vegetables and meats to peek through. Wrap the remaining end of dough strip around skewer above the first ingredient. Repeat with remaining dough strips and prepared skewers.
- 3Arrange kabobs on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pizza crust is golden. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Serve with pizza sauce.