★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 tspactive dry yeast
1 cluke warm water
2 Tbspolive oil & additional for oiling bowl & pan
·cormeal, for sprinkling
How to Make Pizza Crust
- Stir flour, salt, and east with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Add water & olive oil, and stir the mixture until you've got it as mixed as you can. Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it is a smooth ball.
- Lightly oil the mixing bowl and return the dough to the bowl. Turn it over so all sides are coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Turn the dough back onto the floured surface and press it gently to remove the air. (At this stage, you can keep going and bake the dough, or store it in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap for up to a week)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Lay the plastic wrap and/or towel back on the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes. Remove cover and knead a couple more times. Roll or stretch the pizza to a 14-inch round.
- Oil a baking sheet and sprinkle with corn meal. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Prebake the crust on the lower rack of the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add the toppings. Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the crust is brown and crisp on the edges, the toppings are cooked through and the cheese is melted. About 7-10 minutes, depending on toppings