Pit Boss Sandwich
1 pkg( 17 oz) beef roast au jus
1 cthinly sliced onion
2/3 cwell-drained italian giardinera (pickled veggies)
1/3 cwell-drained roasted red pepper strips
2 Tbspprepared horseradish
1 pkg8 " round sweet italian bread loaf
How to Make Pit Boss Sandwich
- Remove beef from package, saving au jus off to the side in a small bowl.
- Pull meat apart slightly and place in a medium skillet with the sliced onions. Over medium-high heat, cover and cook until onions are soft, then keep covered and turn off heat.
- Split open the loaf of Italian Sweet bread in half so you have the top and bottom. Place on large cookie sheet and spread with butter. Place under broiler on High until toasty-brown.
- In small bowl, mix the horseradish and mayo.
- Spread a little of the horseradish-mayo on the buttered sides of the bread.
- Using a slotted spoon, cover with the heated pit beef and onions. Save any au jus and add to any au jus heldover in the small bowl.
- Top with Italian giardinera and red pepper strips.
- Place top of bread on top and then cut into 4 servings.
- Beore serving, just heat any extra au jus to serve at the table for dipping. Place any extra horseradish sauce in bowl for everyone to add extra to their own portion !