Pineapple & Sausage Pasta Surprise!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. sweet sausage - thinly sliced
- 1 large
- red onion - sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic - sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 medium
- pineapple (i used fresh) - sliced & cut into 1/4 pieces
- 1 jar(s)
- 24 oz. mario batali tomato basil pasta sauce
- water, as needed
How to Make Pineapple & Sausage Pasta Surprise!
- 1In large saucepan (I use an electric skillet) fry sausage & onions until browned stirring frequently
add sliced garlic to pan, stir
- 2add water as needed to keep from sticking while stirring
add pineapple pieces, stir until browning on both sides
continue adding some water to moisten while scraping the bottom pan sediments
stir in sauce
- 3*Make pasta as directed -- I used Barilla tubini & pipette macaroni (half of each) and added to the sauce when done...
Monja - Salude' - bon apetit' -- Enjoy!