Pineapple Pico Beef Liver
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbbeef liver ( i used rumba brand)
1/4 csoy sauce
1/4 csesame oil
1 Tbspminced garlic
1 Tbsprice vinegar
1 cpineapple pico de gallo, divided*
3 cthinly sliced onions &peppers, mixed
2 Tbspsesame oil
How to Make Pineapple Pico Beef Liver
- Cut the liver into serving sized pieces. Lay on paper towels.
- Place the sliced liver into a gallon sized zip sealed plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, 1/4 C sesame oil, garlic, vinegar, ginger and 1/2 C pico de gallo. Pour over liver slices in bag and zip shut, work with fingers to distribute marinade.
- Place in fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- In a large grill or fry pan,place the 2 T of sesame oil. Heat over medium high heat.
- Add onions andpeppers and fry until al dente. Push to one side of the pan, then add liver pieces and cook over medium high for about 3-4 minutes each side until liver is no longer pink.
- You may add about 1/4 C of the leftover marinade, then cover liver and simmer on medium for another 5 minutes until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- To serve, you can top with a little remaining pineapple pico de gallo.
- * If you cannot find premade pineapple pico in your produce section, you can just mix 1 C of chopped fresh pineapple, 1 C chopped white or red onion, 1/2 C chopped redpepper and 1/2 C chopped red tomatoes, 3 Tchopped cilantro and 3 T diced jalapeno.