2 Tbspvegetable oil
2medium onions, sliced thin, separated into rings
1/2 csliced mushrooms (optional)
12 oz**chipped steak (thin sliced eye of round or sirloin top roast)
·**freeze steak before slicing paper thin
·cheese whiz or provolone cheese slices
How to Make Philly Cheese Sandwiches!
- Heat oil to medium; add onions and mushrooms (if using). Cook until onion transparent.
- Add steak and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay cheese slices over the meat mixture, or if using Cheese Whiz, melt in microwave.
- Slice hoagies lengthwise. Using a spatula, scoop onto roll with cheese on top. If using Cheese Whiz, ladle it on.
- Close you eyes, and pretend you're in Philadelphia!