PEGGI'S LAYERED VENISON CASSEROLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
1 lbground deer burger
1 medium1 onion cut into slivers
3ribs of celery, chopped
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 tspcelery salt
3 - 4 mediumred potatoes (not white)
1 qtgreen beans ,drained
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)french fried onions ( optional)
6fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
How to Make PEGGI'S LAYERED VENISON CASSEROLE
- Brown ground burger, onions & celery together. Add garlic powder & celery salt. Drain.
- Grease or spray a deep casserole dish. Next, slice a layer of potatoes on bottom of casserole about 1/4' thick. Salt & pepper them.
- Next, spread 1/2 of the burger mixture on top of potatoes.
- Now, slice another layer of potatoes on top of that. Salt & pepper.
- Put the remaining burger mixture on top of that.
- Drain green beans real good. Place on top of the last layer.
- Spread on sliced mushrooms next.
- Mix soups together & spread on top of last layer. Do not add any water to this, as it makes it's own juice.Run a fork down through casserole in about 4 different places ,just so soups can seep down through it.
Cover with lid & bake @350 degrees for about 45 min, or until you can stick a sharp knife down through casserole & the potatoes are done.
- Then add on the french fried onions & leave uncovered & bake another 15 min. or until onions start to brown. Remove from oven & let stand , uncovered for about 15 min. before serving.
**I serve this with homemade rye bread & it is a meal in itself.