PEGGI'S CANNED DEER MEAT
Peggi Anne Tebben
An older woman gave me her recipe for this several years ago.
I use this for beef tip recipes & stroganoff & BBQ sandwiches, add to stews. Can be used in place of beef in most any recipe.
PER QUART JAR
·2 bouillon cubes, either kind, beef or chicken
·1 3/4# raw deer meat, cut in 1" square cubes (doesn't have to be perfect)
·1 tsp. canning salt
·1 tbsp. white vinegar
How to Make PEGGI'S CANNED DEER MEAT
- Place ingredients in quart jar in order given.
- Leave about 1" headspace.
- Heat lids & place on jars.
- Put about 2" of tap water that is not hot but about the same temperature as jars,in pressure cooker.
- Place jars in cooker & secure the lid on it.
- Process in pressure cooker @10# pressure for 75 minutes.