Old Mexico Black Beans and Rice
2 Tbspvegetable oil
6.8 pkgspanish rice
1/2 cchopped green bell peppers
1/2 cchopped onion
14 ozcan 1/2 oz. tomatoes undrained
1/2 tsphot pepper sauce
16 oz1 pinto beans rinsed & drain
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
16 oz1 can black beans rinse, drain
How to Make Old Mexico Black Beans and Rice
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add rice, green pepper, onion, and garlic; saute, stirring frequently, until rice is golden brown.
- Stir in 2 cups water, tomatoes, hot pepper sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in black and pinto beans. Cover; continue to simmer 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender,
- Served topped with cheese; sprinkle with parssley if desired. Yield: 4 servings