Norma's Special Biscuits, Eggs, & Gravy
- 4 large
- eggs, hard boiled
- strips of bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 c
- self-rising flour
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- cold milk
- basic white sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- margarine or butter
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c
- salt & pepper to taste
- container of your favorite canned biscuits if desired.
How to Make Norma's Special Biscuits, Eggs, & Gravy
- 1Mix in a bowl self-rising flour. Add shortening and blend well with a fork or pastry blender.
- 2Add salt, and stir. While stiring add milk until you can form a ball. At times you might need more flour to handle.
- 3Pinch of a piece of dough the size of your hand, shape into a biscuit and place it in a greased 8x10 pan. Keep doing this until pan is filled with biscuits sides touching.
- 4Place pan of bisuits in a pre-heated oven at 400. Bake until golden brown. (you can use canned biscuits if desired)
- 5BASIC WHITE SAUCE:
- 6In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring or whisking.
- 7Remove pan from heat and gradually stir or whisk in the milk.
- 8Return pan to heat. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring or whisking, and continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- 9Simmer 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Place 2 split biscuits on a plate. Top with sliced hard boiled egg and crisp bacon.
- 11Serve with white sauce poured over all.
- 12(I double this recipe for more sauce).