Norma's Special Biscuits, Eggs, & Gravy
4 largeeggs, hard boiled
4strips of bacon, cooked crisp
1 cself-rising flour
1/2 ccold milk
·basic white sauce
2 Tbspmargarine or butter
1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/4 cmilk
·salt & pepper to taste
1container of your favorite canned biscuits if desired.
How to Make Norma's Special Biscuits, Eggs, & Gravy
- Mix in a bowl self-rising flour. Add shortening and blend well with a fork or pastry blender.
- Add salt, and stir. While stiring add milk until you can form a ball. At times you might need more flour to handle.
- Pinch of a piece of dough the size of your hand, shape into a biscuit and place it in a greased 8x10 pan. Keep doing this until pan is filled with biscuits sides touching.
- Place pan of bisuits in a pre-heated oven at 400. Bake until golden brown. (you can use canned biscuits if desired)
- BASIC WHITE SAUCE:
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring or whisking.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir or whisk in the milk.
- Return pan to heat. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring or whisking, and continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- Simmer 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 split biscuits on a plate. Top with sliced hard boiled egg and crisp bacon.
- Serve with white sauce poured over all.
- (I double this recipe for more sauce).