Norma's Own Twist on Cabbage Roll"s
- head of cabbage
- onion, chopped fine
- carrots, chopped fine
- green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- virgin olive oil
- 2 lb
- ground turkey
- saltine crackers, crushed
- shredded pramesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- ground sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough sliced potato's to cover the top of the cabbage rolls
- 3 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 6 slice
- cooked crisp bacon, broken into pieces
- 1 c
- shaved parmesan cheese
How to Make Norma's Own Twist on Cabbage Roll"s
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 250.
- 2Take off as many cabbage leaves that are large enough to make a roll and place in boiling water to soften along with the cabbage head. Remove from water and set aside. Continue to take more leaves off the cabbage head that are large enough to stuff. Set aside on a cookie sheet.
- 3While the cabbage is cooking. Using a large pan add butter and oil and saute the onions, carrots and green pepper on med-high heat until softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the gound turkey, vegetable mix, crackers, eggs, ground sage, parmaesan cheese salt and papper to taste
- 5Use a 2/3 cup of mixture for large leaves and 1/4 cup of mixture for smaller leaves, place mixture on a cabbage leaf roll once and fold over ends and roll again to seal meat in cabbage and place in bottom of a 9 x 11 1/2 inch oblong baking pan until bottom of pan is filled with rolls. Makes 20 rolls. (I used glass pans)Made an 9x11 1/2 and a 8x8.
- 6Cover top with potato's and mix each canned soup with a half can of milk and pour over all prepaired pans.
- 7Cover with foil and place in oven and bake for one hour and a half or until the potato's are well done. Remove from oven and add shaved parmesan cheese and bacon pieces and return to oven until the cheese melts.
- 8Remove from oven and server hot along with a side salad of your choice.
- 9NOTE: Depending on the size of your your rolls you could make two 9 x 11 1/2 full pans from this recipe.